This is a family favorite recipe that has stayed in family for years. Its the most delicious, creamy Strawberry ice cream ever. There is nothing better than a guilt free ice cream scoop on a hot summer day.
The best part is that it is –
- Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Its just 3 ingredients that you should already have in your pantry. I am sure you are skeptical and its sounds too good to be true. Well I was too until I made it and was floored by the flavors, richness and creaminess.
Without further ado lets get started-
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 cup Mejdool Dates
- 1 cup Strawberry
Tools you would need to make this Ice cream:
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20-30 mins so that they are easy to grind.
- Make sure you get Mejdool dates because they are soft and easy to grind. Remember to deseed them before using.
- If you cannot find Mejdool dates, you can use dry dates. Just like cashews you can soak them in hot water for 20-30 mins as well before use.
- Do NOT use too much water to soak cashews. If you use too much water the end result ice cream will not be creamy but icy. The excess water will change the texture of the ice cream.
- Make sure that after grinding the paste has the right consistency and makes a thick paste.
- Cashew nuts can be replaced with any other nut like almonds.
- You can also replace the cashew paste with any plant based milk you prefer.
- You can substitute Mejdool dates with dry dates that you have soaked in water for some time.
- The dates can also be replaced by any other natural sweetener like maple syrup or artificial sweetener like Stevia.
- You can use any other fruit in place of Strawberry
We went strawberry picking recently and came back home with loads of it. So this was a perfect way to use it all before it goes bad.
How is this ice cream creamy without any thickening agent?
This creaminess of the ice cream comes from the cashews that we grind and make into a thick paste. The thicker the paste the creamier your ice cream would be.
How to make this Sugar Free Strawberry Ice Cream?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours
This Strawberry ice cream is the creamiest sugar free, dairy free and gluten free I have ever had. It’s the perfect treat for hot summer afternoons
- Take equal amount of the 3 ingredients i.e. cashews, strawberry and mejdool dates.
- Soak the cashews in warm water for 20-30 mins.
- Grind the soaked cashews into a thick paste with very less water.
- Add dates to the grinded thick cashew paste
- Add the Strawberries to the grinded cashew and date paste.
- Grind the strawberries into a paste as well and then transfer the paste to a pan.
- You can also add chopped small strawberry pieces for garnishing as well to add more strawberry flavor to the ice cream.
- Keep it in the freezer for 6-8 hours to freeze well.
- Once frozen the ice cream is ready to eat.
Sugar Free Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 1 cup Dates
- 1 cup Cashews
- Soak cashews into warm water for 10 mins.
- In a blender jar add the soaked cashews and then grind them into a smooth paste.
- Add dates to the cashew paste and then grind them well together into a smooth paste.
- Add strawberries to the date and cashew paste and pulse them a few times.
- Transfer the mixture into a container to freeze.
- Garnish with some finely chopped strawberry pieces for added fresh strawberry flavor.
- Make sure that the dates used are fresh dates and not the dry ones.
- If you have dry dates then soak them like cashews so that they grind well into a smooth paste.
- Use very less water so that the paste is smooth and creamy. Too much water will make the ice cream hard and icy.
Do try this creamy delicious sugar free, gluten free, vegan recipe and share your feedback in the comments below.
Here are some delicious Desserts from fellow food bloggers that are a must try 🙂